Physiotherapy or physical therapy is a healing treatment method that deals with the science of movement and helps to restore, maximize and maintain the physical strength , motion, function and overall well-being of the patient underlying physical issues. This healing method focused on mobility diagnose and treat disabilities such as, back pain, knee pain, neck pain, paralysis, Cerebral Palsy, issues of ligaments due to Parkinson's etc.
How Physiotherapy works?Physiotherapy works on a holistic approach towards the health and wellbeing of the patient, it also includes the general life style of the patient. The treatment also make use of patient's involvement in their own care through education, participation, awareness and empowerment in their treatment.
If someone is suffering from any of the following conditions or physical pain, he/she is an ideal candidate for physiotherapy:
- Back pain or sudden injury
- Sport Injuries
- Long term medical conditions such as asthma
- Cerebral palsy
- Parkinson's disease
- Post surgical rehab
- Knee pain or neck pain
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Dizziness, vertigo and imbalance
- Frozen shoulder
Physiotherapy can treat a large variety of injuries other than the above mentioned conditions.
- Diagnosing and assessing the patient's condition
- Working with patient to regain mobility and independence
- Developing a prevention plan
- Prescribing exercise and physical aids
Goals of PhysiotherapyPhysiotherapy is a treatment method which provides benefit by a non-invasive approach, which helps in maximize recovery and functional motility. The following are some of the main goals of physiotherapy:
- Pain reduction
- Restoration of normal range of motion in the affected area
- Improvement of strength or function in weak or paralyzed muscles
- Prevention of fibrosis in weak or paralyzed limbs
- Improved performance and quality of the movement